Friday, July 15, 2011

Halo Reach Game Review by Spooge


    Hey guys, it's me Spooge again cumming at you this time with a Halo: Reach review.  Now you probably already heard great things about Halo: Reach from other reviewers but I just wanted to say what I think about this game.

     First of all, I want to start off by saying I LOVE Halo.  It is one of my favorite video game series's  and I remember when I was first exposed to the Halo Series back when I was a young lad.  Halo is one of the reasons  I am going to keep my Xbox around when I buy my new Gaming PC.

     The campaign in Halo Reach is probably the best out of the Halo series.  Either that or it is a close second to Halo: Combat Evolved.  Unlike Halo 1, 2, and 3, Halo Reach does not follow the Master Chief that we all grew to love in the first three Halos.  Instead the game follows another Spartan who goes by the name of Noble 6.  He is part of a squad of Spartans deployed on the planet Reach.  His squadmates are Carter, Kat, Jorge, Emile, and Jun.  Throughout the game you really become attached to your teammates.  In the end, it all leads into the beginning of Halo Combat Evolved.

     Now for the multiplayer.  I think the multiplayer is great in this game.  HOWEVER, there are a few minor things that make me angry about it.  The first issue is something many others will agree with me on.  Armor Lock.  There is nothing more annoying than when you start shooting someone and then they become invincible for a few seconds, and you get killed from behind.  Armor Lock is bullshit, just like Last Stand, and Juggernaut in Call of Duty.  Another minor complaint I have about this game are the maps.  The maps aren't completely unplayable or terrible, but there is something missing.  Nothing will ever beat the classics like Battle Creek, Sidewinder,  Hang 'em High, and Chill Out.  Even Halo 3 had better maps.  Halo Reach has its share of good maps like Hemorrhage which is a remake of Blood Gulch.  Also,  Halo: Reach's new Forge World allows players to create their own maps, with almost endless possibilities.  Bungie also incorporates those user-created maps into the multiplayer matchmaking system.

     Forge was one of the features that made Halo 3, in my opinion, the best First Person Shooter ever made.  It is even better in Halo: Reach.  Now you can merge objects together, and make them float with out preforming a glitch.  Plus there are even more options for Custom Games for players to make unique game modes like Ice Cream Man, Garbage Man, and much more.

     Halo: Reach is a great game, but it will never surpass Halo 3 in my book.  But, I still enjoy playing Halo: Reach regularly and if you would like to play hit me up.  My gamertag is Eughhh

Anyway guys, I hope you enjoyed my Halo: Reach review, let me know what you think about it in the comments section.  And as always, have nice day. :)

                                           -Spooge

No comments:

Post a Comment